Do you know what cookies are or what they do? In this article, we explained what they are and how to manage cookies in Firefox.
Cookies are small files that are stored on your computer. It contains the website address and code that the browser sends back to the website each time you visit the website’s page. Cookies usually do not contain any personal information or dangerous information.
They are usually harmless and useful. To do other processes when you surf the internet, you log in, put items in your virtual shopping cart, or the website saves information about you while you are moving from the side.
Next to the webserver, you need to know who you are. To track user behavior, websites use a common trick. They set cookies.
Suppose you provide this information from your work computer, and then the next person who visits this website uses the same computer. This person may make a purchase by using your credit card.
Internet users have different feelings about cookies. Some don’t care about them, others think it’s a malicious invasion of privacy. You can decide for yourself.
Contrary to rumors, cookie files can’t get other information from your hard drive, make haircuts worse, or otherwise ruin your life. They only collect the information that the browser tells them. Most of the browsers allow the users to control cookies. In the continuation of our article, we explained how to control cookies in Firefox.
How to Manage Cookies in Firefox on Your Computer
To Clear Cookies for the Current Website
If you want to clear cookies and site data for a website you are visiting at the moment, do these steps:
- Click on the padlock (It is at the left of the address bar.)
- Click on Clear Cookies and Site data.
If You Want to Clear Cookies for any Website You Wish
To clear cookies for any website you wish, do these steps:
- First, click on the menu button (it is in the upper right corner and it looks like three parallel lines) and then select Settings.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel and go to the Cookies and Site Data.
- Click the Manage Data… The Manage Cookies and Site Data text will appear.
- In the Search websites section, type the name of the website whose cookies you wish to delete. Items matching your search will be displayed. To clear all cookies and storage data for the website, click on Remove All Shown. To clear selected items, select an entry and click on Remove Selected.
- Click on Save Changes.
- In the Removing Cookies and Site Data confirmation dialog, click on OK.
- Finally, close the about:preferences page.
If You Want to Delete all Cookies, Website Data and Cache
- First, click on the menu button and then select Settings.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel and then go to the Cookies and Site Data section.
- Click the Clear Data… The Clear Data dialog will appear. Cookies and Site Data and Cached Web Content should be check marked.
- Click on Clear.
If You Want to Clear all Cookies and Want to Keep Other Data
If you want to clear only cookies while you keep other data, you should do these steps:
- First, click on the menu button.
- Afterwards, click on History and then click Clear Recent History…
- Set Time range to clear: to Everything.
- Select Cookies and be sure that other items you wish to keep aren’t selected.
- Finally, click on OK to delete all cookies and you can close the Clear All History window.
You may also be interested in: